Summer Financial Aid
To save YOU time and effort, your eligibility for summer financial aid will be reviewed if you meet the criteria listed below under “Eligible for Summer Aid Review.” You will receive an email to your MIX account once your review is complete.
|ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW||INELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW|
|1. You are REGISTERED at least half-time: Six (6) credit hours for undergraduates or three (3) credit hours for graduates.
2. You have a valid 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with WVU.
3. You are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards for financial aid eligibility.
4. If you are seeking a degree from WVU but taking summer courses at another institution (including studying abroad), complete a WVU Transient Student Financial Aid Request .
|1. No valid FAFSA on file
2. Enrolled less than half-time
3. You are a visiting or transient student from another institution (contact your home school regarding summer)
4. You are working on a certificate
5. *You are a non-degree student
6. You are not making Satisfactory Academic Progress
*If the classes are required for acceptance into a degree seeking program, you may be eligible. Complete the Federal Financial Aid Application for Non-Degree Students.
ESTIMATE YOUR SUMMER COST OF ATTENDANCE
These Excel spreadsheets can help you estimate your cost of attendance for summer. Please note books, room and board (if living off-campus), transportation, and personal expenses are estimated indirect costs you may accrue during your summer enrollment. Only tuition and fees (and room/board if living on-campus) will show as charges to your student account for summer.
SUMMER AID OPTIONS
• Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans (Summer eligibility depends on the federal annual limits and the amount already borrowed during Fall 2016 and/or Spring 2017. See below for the maximum annual limits.)
OTHER RESOURCES TO FINANCE SUMMER
• TuitionPay – the monthly payment plan available through the Office of Student Accounts.
• Vocational Rehabilitation – Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor.
• PA State Grant – Information can be found at pheaa.org
• Promise Scholarship – Complete application at cfwv.com between March 15 – April 30.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR SUMMER FINANCIAL AID OFFER
If you have received a Summer Aid Offer and would like information about responding to the offer, please review the appropriate link below:
Important WVU Codes:
SAT: 5904 ACT: 4540 TOEFL: 5904 FAFSA: 003827
Contact Us For More Information
Office of Enrollment Services
75 Arnold Street
Keyser , WV 26726