Transit Financial Wellness
Transit Financial Wellness Student Directions- For all first year and transfer students enrolled in First Year Seminar
As part of your Potomac State College of WVU First Year Seminar course, you will be participating in a financial education course called “Transit Financial Wellness”. This online course is designed to not only educate but to empower you to make well-informed financial decisions. All students enrolled in a first year seminar course are required to complete the Transit Financial Wellness Course.
- You will need to complete the Transit Course and pass the quiz with a 70% or better grade by September 2, 2016. It will take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to complete.
- Approximately 45 days later, you will receive another email asking you to complete the follow-up survey (about 15 minutes). You must complete the survey by November 11, 2016.
- You should print your certificate for successful completion of the Transit Financial Course and give to your First Year Seminar instructor by November 18, 2016.
You may access the Transit course beginning August 2, 2016.
We strongly recommend that you complete “Transit” prior to starting classes in August.
EverFi Transit Login Instructions
(You may experience problems loading this site if you are using Internet Explorer—another browser is recommended)
- You will then submit your username and a password. Your username is your WVU MyID credentials-the same one you use to access your MIX e-mail account.
- If you have not activated your WVU Login, please go to https://login.wvu.edu/ and click on Claim Account.
- Complete the Transit Course and take the quiz – you may work on it in multiple sittings.
Should you have any problems with logging into the Transit system using your WVU ID credentials, please contact WVU’s Information Technology Service Help Desk at 304-293-4444 or by email at ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.
If you experience any technical difficulties while in the course, click the “Help” button to access the EverFi 24/7 technical support team or call 866-384-9062.
Other Important Information
You will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. (Check your local library for free computer and Internet access. Also, businesses in your town may offer free Wi-Fi such as: Barnes & Noble, Panera Bread, Starbucks, and McDonalds. Computers are available at PSC in the Library when you arrive in August.)
To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
You may take the course in multiple sittings.
The course include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Potomac State College will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
If you have completed Transit at another College (including WVU or WVU Tech) you must complete it for PSC as well.
Last year there was a lot of confusion about the second part/follow up survey. Students thought they could just log right in and do it, but it’s not available until approximately 30 days after you have completed Part 1. You will receive an email reminder to let you know when it is available.
Transit is not the same thing as the Alcohol Edu program. Doing one of them does not satisfy both.