Your Catamount Card is a visual Potomac State College of WVU student identification card. Your new WVU ID number replaces your SSN and is encoded on the magnetic stripe on the back of the card; please memorize your WVU ID number. Your ID card identifies you as a member of the Potomac State College of WVU community. You should carry your ID card at all times on the PSC and Morgantown campuses.
The Catamount Card is also your key for admission to the PSC Commons, the PSC Rapids, WVU and PSC athletic, cultural, and social events, PSC Late Night, PSC health services, the PSC library, PSC computer labs, and student discounts at WVU football and basketball games (when tickets are available) and at the WVU Recreation Center ($7/day). All students on a Potomac State College meal plan MUST show their ID card to be admitted into the Potomac Commons.
Students must present a photo ID , such as a valid driver's license, to obtain an ID card. ID cards are issued in the Student Affairs Office, Administration Building, Room 104.
You should protect your card at all times. The first ID card is free. However, if you break or damage your Catamount Card, you will have to purchase a replacement by turning in your old card and paying a $20 replacement fee. If your card is lost or has been stolen you will need to purchase a replacement card for $20 in the Student Life Office located in the Administration Building. This charge will be put on your student account to be paid within 10 days either on-line or at the Cashier’s Office located in the Administration Building.
The Catamount Debit Plan (Mountie Bounty) is more or less a debit plan for various PSC and WVU services. When your Catamount Card is swiped through a card reader, your account number is read, and the purchase amount is deducted from the balance in your prepaid account. The Debit Plan is available to all students and staff and offers security for the cardholder. You can add value to your Plan at any time. There are no setup or transaction fees, and no minimum balances are required. Balances are carried forward each semester.
Introducing the MyMountaineerCard services in conjunction with your ID card. A one-stop shop for Mountie Bounty and Catamount Card users is now available online. It is as simple as entering your WVU login username and password. Below is a listing of services available through MyMountaineerCard:
- Deposits can only be made electronically at MyMountaineerCard . (This is not only for users, but guests, family and friends can make an independent deposit to a user’s account and/or the user can send a deposit invitation to a guest to allow the guest to make a deposit to the user’s account.)
- Spending History can be checked by the user
- Report Lost/Stolen Cards
- Laundry Management ( Check machine availability and hold/wait times for machines, find and reserve machines, and set favorite laundry locations)
- Managing Notification Preferences ( Users can set up e-mail and/or text alerts for account information related to their debit plans or managing their laundry.)
Coming Soon – A Smart Phone application to provide an even smoother online experience with MyMountaineerCard.
Catamount Debit Plan (Mountie Bounty) locations at PSC:
- Dining Facilities
- Laundry facilities in most residence halls
- PSC Bookstore
Mountie Bounty Locations at WVU include :
- Dining Facilities
- Bits & Bites
- Brew & Gold
- Burger King
- Lyon’s Den
- Sports Café
- Waterfront Café
WVU Dining Halls
- Arnold’s American Diner
- Boreman Bistro
- Café Evansdale
- Summit Cafe
- The Terrace Room at Stalnaker
- Laundry Facilities in all Residence Halls
- Printing in Computer Labs and Libraries
- Select Vending Machines
- WVU Bookstores
- WVU Copy Centers
- WVU Health Services
- WVU Technology Support Centers
- WVU Parking Office
The Catamount Debit Plan Brochure can in the PSC’s Student Life Office, Administration Building, Room 104, or call 304-788-6842. Debit Regulations that apply to PSC students may be found here and include information concerning replacement cards, transactions and refunds.