In Honor / In Memory
What is a tribute gift?
A tribute gift memorializes or honors a family member or friend while also supporting Potomac State College. Gifts In Memory Of (IMO) or In Honor Of (IHO) alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students celebrate the relationship individuals have with the College and their community as they impact the educational experience students and faculty share on Potomac State’s campus each day.
Potomac State’s general policy is to place IMO/IHO gifts in our Potomac State College scholarship endowment, unless otherwise requested by the donor.
Gifts may be designated to create an endowed scholarship if the total reaches $25,000 or a Library Acquisitions Endowed Fund if it reaches $10,000.
Making an IMO/IHO gift
When making an IMO or IHO gift, simply address the envelope:
One Waterfront Place – 7th Floor
PO Box 1650
Morgantown, WV 26507-1650
Checks should be made payable to the WVU Foundation, Inc.
For an IMO gift, include a note with:
- Name of the deceased and date of death (copy of obituary, if possible, is helpful)
- Name of surviving widow, widower, or family member to whom notice of this gift is to be sent
Please note: A letter is sent to the surviving family with the name and address of the donor(s), but not the amount of the gift.
For an IHO gift, include a note with:
- Name and address of the person(s) to be honored
Please note: A letter is sent to the honoree with the name and address of the donor(s), but not the amount of the gift.
For both IMO and IHO gifts, include on the note:
- Name, address and amount of each contribution included in the envelope to assure proper recognition
- Name of the college, school, unit or program to which the funds are to be designated, if you choose to do so
- Telephone number of the principal donor, in case there are any questions
For More information, Contact: